1. Who is the author, and what is she researching?
- The author is Alyson Santoro and she is studying microbes in the nitrogen cycle.
2. What technique is the researcher using that is especially good at recovering delicate sediments?
- The technique is called multicoring.
3. What happens to the samples after it is loaded onto the ship?
- The scientist are on a mad dash to remove the cores from the frame and rushed into a special room called cold van.
4. What is the name of the research vessel?
- The name of the research vessel is called the melville.